As a parent, one of my worst fears has always been getting into a really bad car accident. Just last November those fears came true when my family and I were struck head-on by a drunk driver. I’ll never forget the terror I felt when I woke up in the hospital. My first thoughts were for my kids Were they ok? Were they alive?
As bad as this car crash was no one should have survived, and it’s only by the grace of God and the fact that my kids were in the proper car seats that any of us did. While my oldest had a fractured elbow and concussion, my youngest two children were unharmed completely. I ended up with three of four broken limbs and had to be cut from the car.
These days I always want to make doubly sure my children are in the proper car seats because I know had they not been on that day, they wouldn’t be alive right now. I am currently using the Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat and let me tell you this is one amazing child safety seat.
The Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat is rear-facing from weight 5 lbs. up to 45 lbs. and then can be turned to a convertible forward-facing car seat from 20 lbs. up to 80 lbs. as well as a booster for bigger kids 50 lbs. to 120 lbs. That’s right — that means the Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat is the only car seat that you will need for your child during their early childhood growing period!!
Photo Credit: Diono Car Seats
Did you know that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends rear-facing at least until the age of 2, and the law states that children 20 lbs. and under must ride rear-facing. Make sure you check your local and state laws for more information. Rear-facing keeps your child five times safer during an accident than if they are forward-facing.
Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat Key features:
- Comes with extra harness pads, infant support (head and body), cup holder, and rear-facing base.
- The SuperLATCH system makes it really easy and hassle-free to install.
- Engineered with a full steel frame for the ultimate in safety.
This car seat even features an angle adjuster. This means as your little one grows you can have up to four extra inches of room between the seat and vehicle seat for more leg room. You can also adjust the upright positions.
All three of my children still fit comfortably in the harness, which is designed for up to 80 lbs. My oldest is almost six and still has plenty of room to grow in the seat with no problem.
Right now, she weighs about 46 lbs. and I wasn’t sure if she’d fit well because she’s tall for her age. It’s actually funny because she and my three-year-old started arguing over who was getting the new seat, and in the end we decided that my youngest who is turning two in a few weeks will be getting it because it gives a lot more room in the middle seat when installing our new infant seat for baby number four.
Things to know about the Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat:
- Make sure to check the compatibility of this or any car seat with your vehicle before purchasing to make sure you can take advantage of all possible safety features.
- Side impact tested. Deep reinforced sidewalls keep your child safe from impact.
- Expiration dates: This is one of the few car seats that I have looked at that has a 10-year expiration date where most others expire after only 5 years.
- Get all available information before you purchase and begin using any car seat. Be sure if you have any questions about your car seat that you check out the website and materials provided for answers. If you are still not sure, most cities have a designated car seat expert at local fire stations or police stations who can check it out and let you know if it’s a good one or not.
Proper car seat installation saved my children’s life. Please make sure if you have any questions to ask, and find out the answers before it’s too late.
© 2017 – 2018, Beauty Brite. All rights reserved.