Cherry Almond Muffins
When cherries are in season, make muffins! The Cherry Almond Muffins are the perfect Spring and Summer treat to make!
- 3 cups of all purpose flowers
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 cup of milk room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of almond extract
- 1 cup of melted butter cooled
- 2 cups of cherries pitted and chopped
- vanilla frosting optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
In a large bowl, mix with a hand blender eggs and sugar. Add in milk, almond extract, and melted butter. Mix well.
Gently pour in dry ingredients to wet ingredients bowl, mix well, but do NOT OVER MIX.
Fold in cherries.
For jumbo muffins, grease muffin tins and divide evenly over 10-12 muffin tins.
For cupcake sized muffins, grease or add liners into cupcake tin. Divide evenly over 22-24 cupcake openings.
Bake at 425 for five minutes, then lower temperature to 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes for jumbo muffins and 13-14 minutes for cupcake sized muffins.
Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool.
Drizzle muffins with melted vanilla frosting if desired.