I love getting my nails done, but my pocketbook doesn’t like it, so I’ve been doing press on gel nails lately. Some brands are better than others, and I want to share one of my favorites, Super DX.
Why Press On Gel Nails?
Being able to get press on nails to stay on for more than a couple days, is a chore but if you have a good brand, then it is a lot easier. Super DX offers bold, perfect nails in seconds and all you need to do is peel, stick, press and go. Yes, it is that easy. Having a set of nails on just makes me feel good about myself, I know odd, but it is one of the happy things I like to do for myself. I’m unable to afford to get my nails done in a shop but tell you the truth I like doing my own press on gel nails.
- File The Nails. If you want your nails to stay longer than you will need them to fit on your nail without touching the cuticle. If the press-on nail is touching anything other than your nail plate, then they will start to lift. When that happens then, the nail will pop off!
- Push Back Your Cuticles. Pushing back and removing your excess cuticle is always a good idea. Once you’ve pushed back all of your cuticles, wash your hands thoroughly to remove all trace of the product, trim any hangnails with cuticle nippers, and you’re good to go.
- Remove Natural Oils. Wipe down with a prep wipe (Super DX they have it in the package) which is pure isopropyl alcohol, but pure acetone will also work. Please don’t use nail polish remover which won’t work and will cause the nail to lift too.
- Find the correct size for each finger
- Peel off and press on the bottom first. For 30 minutes I keep pushing each nail down. This helps a lot!
- Wait an hour before doing anything with your hand, great time to read or watch TV.
- Avoid Water! Use gloves when washing dishes or using water. Washing hands I use hand sanitizer when I have my press on nails on. Taking a shower well needs to be done, now you can wear gloves, but I don’t.
When I do these steps my press on gel nails will stay on for a good week! I like that time frame because after a week I’m usually bored with the color anyways. Remember Super DX has exceptionally cool, quality, and affordable press on gel nails for you! Check out their Spring and Summer Collections; I’m wearing BLUSH in the picture below!
I also received one from the Diamond Collection of oval-shaped, premium textured Nadeco press on gel nails. They are a bold and iridescent blue-green shade. 24 press on nails in 10 unique sizes for a perfect fit for most. Medium nail length so this is perfect.