Disclosure: I received Vicks product samples to review in exchange for my honest opinion.
I have been sick twice in the last two months now. I was sick over the Thanksgiving holiday. Thankfully I did not miss much work as I was sick during the days that I was off for the holidays. I started feeling sick the week of Christmas. It really hit hard on my days off. I had half of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after Christmas off from work. I started feeling better by Saturday morning.
About the products:
• Vicks offers DayQuil and NyQuil Severe with maximum strength ingredients to relieve the worst cold and flu symptoms.
• No other nighttime medicine relieves more cold/flu symptoms than NyQuil Severe*.
• No other non-drowsy medicine relieves more cold/flu symptoms than Vicks DayQuil*.
• Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil Severe provides relief for your WORST cold symptoms helping you to power through your days and get the rest you need at night.
• Vicks wants you to feel like yourself again when you have a cold with the help of DayQuil and NyQuil Severe.
*among OTC cold & flu medicines.
This time around, I was lucky enough to receive Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil Severe just in time for my most recent cold. I am unsure what kind of cold I had as I have never had anything like it. My throat hurt and I kept coughing as if I had an itch at the back of my throat. My throat was not sore at all, just irritated a bit from coughing so much. My body felt achy too and I slept as much as I could.
Since I did not feel my cold was severe, I tried relentlessly to avoid using DayQuil and NyQuil. Instead, I found myself using another Vicks product, I used VapoRub to help with my cough. It helped to some extent. One night, I knew I would have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep because of my illness, so I broke out the NyQuil Severe and took a dose. It slowly relaxed my body and calmed my thoughts down to where I could slowly drift off to sleep naturally despite my sickness.
My cold must have been pretty bad one day because I took DayQuil Severe and ended up taking a restful nap that afternoon. My body needed the rest, I suppose.
I love that Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil Severe come in pill and liquid form. When I was growing up, I always had to take liquid medicine when I was sick. Now that I am an adult, I always buy medicine in pill form because of always having to take liquid medicine. I like that I have both forms of medicine on hand. My husband and I rarely get sick, but when we do, it hits us hard.
© 2014, Beauty Brite. All rights reserved.