When I was getting ready for my interview over a year and a half ago, I was excited and nervous. Now that I am getting ready for another interview, I am confident. I am ready. I am not nervous.
Has it been awhile since you interviewed for a new job? Have you been out of the workforce for awhile? Never fear! I have several tips I have learned and went to share!
1. Dress professionally. No matter what job/position you are applying for, always over dress. You cannot go wrong looking your best. Dress in business casual or business professional clothing depending on the industry. Make sure your clothes are clean and free of stains.
2. Arrive early. Sounds simple enough. Arrive 10-15 minutes early. This will give you time to calm your nerves and gather your thoughts. It is better to be early than late!
3. Do not go hungry. Eat a snack or small meal before your interview. Food is nourishment. Feed your body and your mind.
4. Go over your appearance. If you wear makeup, use the appropriate amount of makeup. If you wear perfume, go light or none at all. Wear deodorant.
5. Attitude. How is your attitude. Are your excited? Show it. Be pleasant and friendly. Smile. Be an active listener.
6. Be prepared. Be prepared for any wardrobe malfunctions. The morning of one of my job interviews, a button fell off. Luckily, I had another outfit ready to wear! ***I ended up getting the job by the way. It is my current job.
7. Do your research. Research the company and where it is located. My advice, drive by the place before the day of your interview, this way, you know where you are going.
8. Ask questions. If the interviewer asks you if you have any questions…ASK! This shows that you are interested!
9. Thank them. After your interview, thank the interviewers for their time. If you have their business card, send them a thank you email the next day as well.
Lastly, think positively! Act like you have the job. I really do believe if we think positive thoughts and visualize what we want, more doors will open!
© 2014 – 2016, Beauty Brite. All rights reserved.