World Water Day is March 22nd. The focus is to bring attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. See below for more information about World Water Day!
PUR believes that everyone deserves access to clean water.
I was sent the PUR Advanced Water Faucet Filter and the PUR 7 Cup Pitcher from the company to review.
As a family, we love to drink water. Even our son chooses water when he’s thirsty. He sees us drinking water, which encourages him to do the same. So, I was really looking forward to trying both the PUR Advanced Water Faucet Filter and the PUR 7 Cup Pitcher because I am tired of having to buy bottled water and all the trash that the bottles bring into our home. We have empty bottles all over our home. I think it is wasteful on the planet. My husband buys at least two cases of bottled water every time we go to the grocery store. Don’t get me wrong, I love that my husband chooses to drink water instead of coffee all the time.
Now that he is drinking more water, I wanted to try water filters in hopes of us buying less bottled water and instead have him carry around aluminum water bottles.
I have been using both the PUR Advanced Water Faucet Filter and the PUR 7 Cup Pitcher for the last week or so. I am reminded every time I go into the kitchen to drink water. I also keep an aluminum water bottle with me at my desk. PUR filtered water taste delicious.
I hope that we can switch completely over to PUR and just worry about replacing filters instead of buying cases of bottled water and left with too many empty water bottles around the house. Not only will that save us money but it is good for the environment. We are wasting less by using a filter.
World Water Day
March 22nd, 2013 marks the 20th annual World Water Day, a day that hopes to raise awareness that over 4,000 children in developing countries die every day from illness and disease related to unsafe drinking water.
In light of this day, I’d like to share some facts about water issues abroad and here in the US, and how PUR Water Filtration Systems are helping the cause:
What’s happening abroad?
· 783 million people in the world do not have access to clean, safe water and almost 2.5 billion do not have access to adequate sanitation. 1.4 million children die every year as a result of diseases caused by unclean water and poor sanitation. This amounts to around 4,000 deaths a day or one every 20 seconds.
How can we help?
· PUR products offer a simple way to help provide funding for clean drinking water to those who need it the most. Through an ongoing partnership with Procter & Gamble’s Children’s Safe Drinking Water (CSDW) program, PUR provides funding and resources to donate clean drinking water to children in the developing world.
· Each purchase of PUR products supports this partnership with the CSDW program, by donating annual funding and resources to provide clean drinking water to these families abroad. You can also visit the PUR Facebook page and donate 10 liters of clean water to those in need with just one click through the Daily Drop program every day!
But what about water here in the US?
· While access to water and water quality abroad are of international concern, we can’t forget about the quality of the water our families drink everyday.
· Tap and bottled water may look clean, but water takes a journey before reaching your home. According to research supported by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there may be as many as 16 million waterborne illnesses a year associated with drinking water.
· Americans have the option of an at-home filtration system, such as PUR Water Filters or the PUR 7 Cup Pitcher, which are certified to remove more contaminants than any other leading brand. Using an at-home filter ensures you and your family are drinking clean, crisp-tasting water.
© 2013 – 2016, Beauty Brite. All rights reserved.