Every time we have moved, I have had to get rid of my houseplant collection. Over the years, we move so often that this time around, I was trying to stay away from houseplants.
This last time when we moved, I acquired a few air plants and I thought I had satisfied my need for plants. Now that I am working full time, I see all kinds of plants around the office. I have since acquired several new plants to add to my collection.
I currently have two plants at work! I also have several new plants at home. I plan on rotating them from the living room to our bedroom. That way, our indoor air is scrubbed clean while we sleep.
Houseplants are slowly overtaking our apartment again. I am reluctant to grow my collection, but I have a need to always want more! I recently added a few spider plants to my collection that I just love. I also added the Marble Queen Pothos and Philodendron Brasil to my collection.
Right now, I really want to add a Peace Lily and a snake plant to my collection. Both plants are said to be really effective with cleaning indoor air.
According to NASA, there are several houseplants that are the best at cleaning indoor air. They are the following:
1. Philodendron scandens `oxycardium’, heartleaf philodendron
2. Philodendron domesticum, elephant ear philodendron
3. Dracaena fragrans `Massangeana’, cornstalk dracaena
4. Hedera helix, English ivy
5. Chlorophytum comosum, spider plant
6. Dracaena deremensis `Janet Craig’, Janet Craig dracaena
7. Dracaena deremensis `Warneckii’, Warneck dracaena
8. Ficus benjamina, weeping fig
9. Epipiremnum aureum, golden pothos
10. Spathiphyllum `Mauna Loa’, peace lily
11. Philodendron selloum, selloum philodendron
12. Aglaonema modestum, Chinese evergreen
13. Chamaedorea sefritzii, bamboo or reed palm
14. Sansevieria trifasciata, snake plant
15. Dracaena marginata , red-edged dracaena
According to the list, I already have two. I do have a cutting of another from the list. The two additional plants that I want are also on the list. Another plant I want is the Split Leaf Philodendron! It can grow to be a big plant and unsure if I would have the space for it in our apartment.
Do you have a green thumb too? How many houseplants do you have
© 2013, Beauty Brite. All rights reserved.