The following creation is adapted from the recent commercials for the mineral makeup company that advertises on TV. When I saw TV ad, I was inspired to create my own look.
Here is my version of the “Green and Gold Smokey Eye” look. Please note, I am not a makeup artist, although I wish I was. I also did not use mascara because I do not have any at the moment, so definitely complete your look with mascara!
Colors used: Limelight (#202), Shamrock, Bubbly, and Little Black Dress
1. Start by applying an eyelid primer/wash. If you don’t have eyelid primer, you can substitute mineral veil, which will help absorb any oil.
2. Wet your eye shadow brush and squeeze out excess water and dip your brush in Limelight. Sweep the entire eyelid with Limelight. This process is called foiling, which is another way to apply eye shadows using mineral makeup! Foiling is a way to make your color bold!
3. Blend Shamrock along the outer half of crease line to create a smokey “V” angle. Blend to your liking.
4. Pat your lids with Bubbly for a brownish gold glitter look.
5. Use Little Black Dress as an eyeliner and on the upper lash line. You can foil or apply dry.
So there is my creation! I love it and so proud of this look! Bubbly is a nice color to have in my stash! It’s a great color to use when I want to add glitter. I can also sweep it on my shoulders, arms, decollete or lightly pat on my face to add glitter! I love Little Black Dress also. I used it for eye liner and on my eyebrows. Our colors are easy to blend together and versatile. You can apply our colors wet or dry too.
If you aren’t ready for a full size, you can choose either a large or small sample size. Samples offer a great way to try colors and our samples last months if not longer, it all depends on how often you use them. Also, the following colors can be used with other colors from our collection!
Below is the breakdown in cost:
Little Black Dress
Full Size $10
Large Sample $5
Small Sample $2
Disclosure: The pictures and opinions provided are my own and not influenced by anyone else. I did not receive any financial compensation for this post. I paid for all products mentioned above.
© 2011 – 2012, Beauty Brite. All rights reserved.